Gabriel Wallen

Saturday, March 16, 2013

De-Extinction Question

A friend of my Mom's posed this question to me today. Thank you, Mr. Hatley for your question!

This question is directed toward Gabe - Scientists believe they can rebuild or revive extinct animals from DNA. If this is in fact true, how would you feel about dinosaurs being revived? If you are for dinosaurs being revived, which ones should be revived? Should we release them into the wild, a zoo, etc? If you do not think the revival of dinosaurs or other extinct animals is a good idea, why not? Thanks, I will hang up an listen :-)

Here's my answer after reading 2 articles about De-Extinction.

I'm for reviving dinosaurs. The ones that should be revived are the vegetable eaters, herbivores, because they can't eat my head off!

I would get this island and release them into the wild.

With just the right technology, they can bring back other extinct animals. Then dinosaurs is a possibility; but, it will take many years of testing.

The hard part is going to be finding live DNA cells of the dinosaurs. I will warn you not to do like "Jurassic Park" using blood from mosquitoes; because, you wouldn't know what dinosaur you had. You could have a meat eater you don't want.

You want to dig up bones and get the DNA from the bone marrow.

Again, thanks for the question!!

Gabe Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment